The Model CAC Air Curtain
The Model CAC Air Curtain is for applications where temperatures and humidity exceed the limits of our Model AC. A heater unit is added to condition the air as it mixes inside the vestibule.
The Model CAC automatically adjusts as conditions change to optimize performance and reduce energy consumption.
With the use of HCR sensors and software, Model CAC can be integrated into a facility’s refrigeration control and monitoring system. This allows not only remote monitoring but remote adjusting of the HCR equipment.
- Single Nozzle And Intake
- Proprietary Nozzle Design
- Greatly Diminishes Air and Moisture Infiltration
- Horizontal, Curvilinear, Recirculatory Air Flow
- Powder Coated Steel
- Metal Clad Insulation When Required
Architectural Data Sheet(s)
Cooler or Ambient Door Specifications:
Supply where indicated on plans HCR Model AC Air Door for doorways with low temperature differential and or for temperatures above freezing.
Air Door to be powder coated cold-rolled steel. Powder coating meets 500 hour salt spray test.
NEMA 1 Power/control panel complete. Model AC equipment cabinet houses the centrifugal fan and prewired electrical components. Service door(s) are provided, if required, to allow access to all internal components. Motor is controlled by VFD (Variable Frequency Drive). Single point electrical connection.
Air Door to have two side plenums: one with discharge nozzle, the other with an intake.
Discharge nozzle is easily adjustable to maximize air block. Air volume adjustment mechanisms are easily accessible without removing any covers or secondary openings.
Unit can be mounted on either side of wall. Depending on temperature differential, insulation cladding may be required.
Air Door assembly is structurally self-supporting. All hardware has protective coating against corrosion.
Air Door power to be 208, 240, or 480 volt AC, 60 Hertz, 3 phase. Visible signal light to show when motor is not running. Complete door assembly to be ready for connection to power. (Architect to designate responsibility for field wiring.)
Freezer Door Specifications:
Freezer Air Door specifications to be same as cooler or ambient Air Door except for these substitutions and additions: Supply where indicated on plans HCR Model CAC for freezers doorways with temperature differentials below 30 degrees Fahrenheit. Provide insulation cladding as required for application.
Cabinet can be mounted either warm side or cold side of wall.
Electric resistive heat or waste heat reclaim as required.
- Metal cladding can be stainless steel or cold-rolled steel powder coated to custom color.
- “Clean outs” can be added where needed.
- Complete NEMA 3, 4, 4x, 4x stainless, or 12 requirements.
- Hot Gas Coil instead of resistive heat.
- Custom standoff panels with trim to interconnect to night doors or existing doors.
- HCR Air Door to be used in conjunction with existing or new door to form a Hybrid solution. These doors can include all types of insulated roll up doors, double curtain roll up doors, hard insulated automatic doors that slide either horizontally or vertically, or insulated sliding mattress doors. If a non-insulated door is used verify condensation or frosting can occur.
1. What factors determine the choice of door solution for an application?
Some of the important factors determining the door type recommendation are the temperature difference across the doorway, opening size, traffic rates, safety concerns, convenience, maintenance, building pressure imbalance, energy savings and etc…
2. Where are HCR air doors made?
HCR air doors are manufactured in Montana, USA.
3. What is the biggest doorway opening size that can be fitted with an HCR air door?
Openings of 14-ft wide and 20-ft high are maximum width and height dimensions that can be fitted with an HCR air door.
4. Which side of the doorway should the HCR air door get installed?
HCR air doors can be installed on either side of the doorway for single air curtains whereas the double and triple air curtain units could also be split mounted. Single air curtains can also be custom designed for doorway jamb mounting.
5. What is an HCR NPAC air curtain?
Negative Pressure Air Curtains are designed for doorways that show pressure imbalance across the opening.
6. What is a “HCR Doorway Survey” form?
An HCR Doorway Survey form is a one page customer completed form summarizing key physical, thermal/environmental, usage and customer desired features of a specific doorway.