Model 3CAV Triple Conditioned Air Vestibule
The Model 3CAV is primarily used between rooms with extreme temperature differences and very high traffic.
The frost elimination cycle is similar to the Model DCAV but the additional vestibule improves efficiency as well as increases the model’s temperature range applicability.
The Model 3CAV automatically adjusts as conditions change to optimize performance and reduce energy consumption.
With the use of HCR sensors and software, Model 3CAV can be integrated into a facility’s refrigeration control and monitoring system. This allows both remote monitoring and remote adjusting of the HCR equipment.
- Wide open doorway
- No frost, fog or icing
- Reduced moisture gains
- Reduced refrigeration loss
- Reduced coil defrosting burden
- Eliminates safety hazards
- Sublimates existing frost build-up
- No haze within cold room
- Reduced maintenance costs
- No frost on stored products
- Increased warehouse productivity
- Improved refrigeration cycle efficiency
Architectural Data Sheet(s)
Triple Conditioned Air Curtain Vestibule, Freezer to Ambient Specifications:
Supply where indicated on plans HCR Model 3CAV Air Vestibule for doorways between Freezers and Coolers or ambient.
Air Door to be powder coated cold-rolled steel. Powder coating meets 500 hour salt spray test.
NEMA 1 Power/control panel complete. Model 3CAV equipment cabinet houses the centrifugal fan and prewired electrical components. Service door(s) are provided, if required, to allow access to all internal components. Motor is controlled by VFD (Variable Frequency Drive). Single point electrical power connection in most cases.
Model 3CAV to have six side plenums: three with discharge nozzle, the other three with an intake.
Discharge nozzle is easily adjustable to maximize air block. Air volume adjustment mechanisms are easily accessible without removing any covers or secondary openings.
Unit can be mounted on either side of wall. Depending on temperature differential insulation cladding may be required.
Air Door assembly is structurally self-supporting. All hardware has protective coating against corrosion.
Air Door power to be 208, 240, or 480 volt AC, 60 Hertz, 3 phase. Visible signal light to show when motor is not running. Complete door assembly to be ready for connection to power. (Architect to designate responsibility for field wiring.)
Freezer Door Specifications:
Supply where indicated on plans HCR Model 3CAV for freezer doorways with temperature differentials greater than 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Provide insulation cladding as may be required for the specific application.
Air Doors forming Model 3CAV can be mounted either on the warm side or the cold side of the wall or split mounted.
Electric resistive heat or waste heat reclaim as required.
- Metal cladding can be stainless steel or cold-rolled steel powder coated to custom color.
- ‘Clean outs’ can be added where needed.
- Complete NEMA 3, 4, 4x, 4x stainless, or 12 requirements.
- Hot Gas Coil instead of resistive heat.
- Custom standoff panels with trim to interconnect to night doors or existing doors.
- HCR Air Door to be used in conjunction with existing or new door to form a Hybrid solution.
These doors can include all types of insulated roll up doors, double curtain roll up doors, hard insulated automatic doors that slide either horizontally or vertically, or insulated sliding mattress type doors.
1. What factors determine the choice of door solution for an application?
Some of the important factors determining the door type recommendation are the temperature difference across the doorway, opening size, traffic rates, safety concerns, convenience, maintenance, building pressure imbalance, energy savings and etc…
2. Where are HCR air doors made?
HCR air doors are manufactured in Montana, USA.
3. What is the biggest doorway opening size that can be fitted with an HCR air door?
Openings of 14-ft wide and 20-ft high are maximum width and height dimensions that can be fitted with an HCR air door.
4. Which side of the doorway should the HCR air door get installed?
HCR air doors can be installed on either side of the doorway for single air curtains whereas the double and triple air curtain units could also be split mounted. Single air curtains can also be custom designed for doorway jamb mounting.
5. What is an HCR NPAC air curtain?
Negative Pressure Air Curtains are designed for doorways that show pressure imbalance across the opening.
6. What is a “HCR Doorway Survey” form?
An HCR Doorway Survey form is a one page customer completed form summarizing key physical, thermal/environmental, usage and customer desired features of a specific doorway.